While many people say that external appearances don’t matter, the reality is that they do. We live in a society that is essentially obsessed with outer beauty and can often be quite harsh when people don’t meet certain societal expectations. If you don’t feel confident in the way you look, it may be hard for you to even find motivation to start working out and living a healthier lifestyle to better yourself. If you don’t think you deserve to feel better, how are you ever going to?
While diet and exercise are undoubtedly key ingredients in helping to foster positive body image, there are alternative measures that can be taken to help you feel more confident in your own skin. Liposuction can be an excellent tool for women and men who are looking to get rid of extra body fat and in turn, put themselves in a better position to progress forward and maintain a healthy lifestyle. Read on to learn more about liposuction!
Quick Facts About Liposuction Procedures:
- While liposuction may seem like an incredibly drastic, even scary procedure, the reality is that laser liposuction is non-invasive or minimally invasive that require a very minimal period of recovery after.
- Liposuction can be used to remove body fat or cellulite from all different areas of the body, with abdominal liposuction being the most common treatment. When looking into places that offer liposuction in your area, see what kinds of liposuction they specialize in.
- You might be wondering, “how much does liposuction cost?” Once reserved for the fabulously wealthy, liposuction and laser cellulite removal procedures are made widely available to practically anyone who wants it. Different clinics offer different prices, so be sure to do your research before selecting one. In addition, don’t be afraid to see if you have any insurance that can help cover part of the procedure. Most clinics are willing to work out payment plans with clients as well.
- Liposuction procedures are getting increasingly more popular, with research indicating that there was a 16% increase in procedures from 2012-2013 alone.
- While women make up the vast majority of recipients of cosmetic procedures like liposuction — 90.6% of the total individuals in 2013 — there are men out there who also may choose to get liposuction as well and can help them to feel more confident and lead a healthier life.
- Statistically, the majority of liposuction patients are happy with their results. Research from the Journal of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons indicates that 80% of polled liposuction patients were satisfied with the procedure, and 75% indicated that they would recommend liposuction to a friend or family member.
Have you ever had liposuction? Were you happy with the results? Tell us about it in the comments below!