Patients sometimes need some assistance with their daily lives. However, it’s still possible for many of them to mostly live independently in their homes. Staying at assisted living facilities is often very expensive. These organizations have multiple activities. Residents will also be paying to live there. Home health care services can help people who may have only needed support from the medical professionals at assisted living facilities.
Many patients will benefit from having on-site nursing services. There are organizations that specifically work towards making sure that anyone who needs health home services will be able to get them. Patients and their family members can read the home care FAQ pages on the websites of these companies. They’ll learn about the exact forms of care that they may be able to receive.
Some of these individuals might actually qualify for home health care packages. If so, it might be that much easier for them to afford home health support. Patients can contact the leaders of these home health groups. They should never assume that they won’t be eligible for any of these plans. Some potential home healthcare workers will be able to work with patients for years at a time.
This is not the life that you had imagined for yourself, but the fact that you are now more than familiar with foley catheters and other kinds of medical supplies, though, is simply an indicator of what your days have been like. An unexpected illness means that your husband’s life has completely changed and, as a result, your life has changed as well. It look like your husband will return to his normal health within the next six months, but the process of recovering from this most recent surgery means that the foley catheters will continue to be a part of your life for the near future.
Finding free catheter supplies, as well as urology supplies, can help in home patients discover whether foley catheters will work for them or if they need to find another option. Pediatric catheters are different from adult catheters and medical suppliers often provide health care offices with samples that they can distribute to patients. Taking advantage of all of the available resources will impact the care that you or a loved one receives, as well as the costs that you will face for that care. Working with a medical supplier that understands how to navigate the difficult task of insurance coverage can be a major advantage whether you are dealing with a short term recovery from a surgery or a long term medical care plan.
Access to innovative catheter designs can help you decide which of these styles is the most convenient and which works best for you. If you do not have access to these samples, though, you may have to continue using a style that is not quite right for you.
Medical Supplies Can Make Home Care Easier to Manage
Whether you are looking at options for long term home health care options, or you find yourself in need of a short term solution for a surgery recovery, the medical supply industry offers many options when it comes to urology supplies and other necessary items. Consider some of these statistics about the medical supply industry and the careful attention that these supplies need:
- 2008 statistics indicate that 1.8 billion is the the world market for urinary continence care devices of all kinds, including catheters and pads.
- Dialysis or a kidney transplant is necessary If kidney disease reaches the point where a person has less than 10% to 15% kidney function./li>
- Urinary incontinence increases with age. For instance, while only 14% of individuals in the 65 to 69 age range have incontinence, that number jumps to 45% in those aged 85 years or older.
- Catheter maintenance requires that patients empty their leg bags when they are half-full, or at the very least, twice a day.
- 15% to 25% of hospitalizations will require the placement of a foley catheter, defined as an indwelling catheter that helps pass urine through the bladder during a hospital stay or surgery.
- Doctors, nurses, and other health care providers can provide advice on the different kinds of catheters that are available and what the advantages and disadvantages are of each.
- Men over 60 years of age have some degree of Benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH), but not all will have problems with blockage.
- Urinary catheters have been used to drain the bladder when it fails to empty for more than 3500 years.
- Daily catheter maintenance includes changing out the leg bag and putting on the drainage bag before going to bed. The cleaning process includes rinsing out the leg bag with one part vinegar and three parts water and soaking the bag for 20 minutes. The final step is rinsing the bag out with warm water and hanging it to dry.
Elderly patients who are looking for access to government funding of medical supplies can benefit from samples that help them make the best choices. From foley catheters in the hospital to other home care options, these choices can provide both ease and comfort.