Five Essential Things To Know About Cryolipolysis Fat Reduction
What exactly is cryolipolysis, and why has it become so popular? Take a look at the following common questions about this body contouring procedure — along with the answers — to learn more about cryolipolysis cellulite removal treatments and if you’re a good candidate:
- Cryolipolysis relies on something called “fat freezing,” which is exactly what it sounds like. A cold device, kept at a consistent temperature, is placed on a particular area of skin for about an hour. This temperature is warm enough to keep the skin from freezing, but cold enough to freeze fat cells underneath and cause them to die.
- This particular body sculpting treatment doesn’t produce results as quickly as some people would prefer, but that doesn’t mean it isn’t working. After fat cells freeze and die, the body begins flushing these cells out. The entire process can take between two and four months, but many patients state that they’ve seen results within the first few weeks.
- Because the entire procedure is noninvasive, you won’t have to worry about saving time for the recovery process — although you’ll definitely want to have a good book or video game for the hour-long session! The most common side effects are very minimal and may include bruising, redness, and/or numbness on the treated area. These side effects go away quickly, and all research studies suggest that these effects do not return unless the patient seeks another session.
- Researchers have also found that about 86% of patients who have undergone fat freezing procedures have seen a difference in their appearance, and a couple of sessions can reduce the amount of cellulite in the targeted area by up to 25%.
- Last but not least, fat freezing procedures are unique and successful because they’re geared toward the average adult who already leads a healthy lifestyle and has lost weight through diet and exercise, but still has a few extra pounds that are just too stubborn to leave. You don’t have to be 50 lbs. overweight to seek a body contouring treatment like cryolipolysis, and you don’t have to worry about the negative health effects of losing weight quickly.
Cryolipolysis treatments aren’t for everyone, so it’s best to consult a medical professional before scheduling your first appointment. But if cryolipolysis sounds like it might just help you out, then there’s no harm in asking for some more info!>